[WP2] this is the document we'll use for our discussion of the IRP

Malcolm Hutty malcolm at linx.net
Wed Jul 22 17:19:53 UTC 2015

On 22/07/2015 16:28, Greg Shatan wrote:
> Malcolm,
>
> I think the level of detail we have should mirror the level of detail in
> the current bylaws section on the IRP (Article IX, Section 3), unless
> there are strong reasons to do otherwise.  We are essentially revising
> the current bylaws, not creating new text from whole cloth.  I would not
> be in favor of providing significantly /less/ detail in the revised
> bylaws as compared to the current bylaws.  We may want to provide
> additional guidance for the implementation of these bylaws, but this
> guidance need not and should not appear in the bylaws themselves.

>From your tone I suspect you meant to disagree with my suggestion, but
actually it was offered as a way of avoiding the need to introduce the
volumes of extra detail implied by Becky's paper.

Becky's paper does helpfully identify a considerable number of issues
that will need to be addressed sooner or later - and I don't think it's
even exhaustive. If we don't want to add huge amounts of new detail now,
and we don't create some form of community power to develop the IRP as I
suggest, how do you suggest we ensure those issues ever get resolved?

Malcolm.

--
            Malcolm Hutty | tel: +44 20 7645 3523
   Head of Public Affairs | Read the LINX Public Affairs blog

                 London Internet Exchange Ltd
           21-27 St Thomas Street, London SE1 9RY

         Company Registered in England No. 3137929