[WP2] this is the current text of the Mission Commitments and Core Values language

Burr, Becky Becky.Burr at neustar.biz
Thu Jul 23 13:15:48 UTC 2015

More important Rafael, how does the language that prohibits ICANN from acting in violation of its bylaws reduce the authority of the GAC or the scope of GAC Advice?  The GAC may give Advice on any topic it wants, in any manner it likes.  The only limit is that ICANN cannot act on that Advice if it would involve violating the Bylaws.  Are you saying that you think ICANN can violate its bylaws if GAC advises it to do so?  That seems very worrisome to me.

J. Beckwith Burr
Neustar, Inc. / Deputy General Counsel and Chief Privacy Officer
1775 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20006
Office: + 1.202.533.2932  Mobile:  +1.202.352.6367  / becky.burr at neustar.biz<mailto:becky.burr at neustar.biz> / www.neustar.biz