[WP2] IRP Checklist

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 18:19:33 UTC 2015

David,

Courts have full-time judges (plus judges on senior status, visiting judges
and other methods of filling the bench).  I did not think that this panel
would be full-time employees.  Rather I expected that they would be either
professional arbitrators who will have cases coming to them from a variety
of sources, or lawyers in private practice who handle arbitration as part
of their workload.

It would be helpful to know what ICANN's experiences have been to date. In
the .africa case there was a considerable delay in replacing one of the
panelists after his unfortunate death.

Greg