[Wp3] Final versions for approval

Giovanni Seppia Giovanni.Seppia at eurid.eu
Fri Jul 24 06:24:23 UTC 2015

Dear Leon,

Thanks for the final version of the documents.

Regarding the ICANN staff accountability, as this is not a new matter, I would suggest to strengthen the following recommendation

“Include a work plan as part of WS2 that considers the creation of a Code of Conduct, transparency criteria, training, and key performance indicators to be followed by Staff in relation to their interactions with all stakeholders, establishment of regular independent (internal + community) surveys/audits to track progress and identify areas that need improvement, establish appropriate processes to escalate issues that enable both community and staff members to raise issues.”

as follows

“Include a work plan as part of WS2 that considers the creation of a Code of Conduct, transparency criteria, training, and key performance indicators to be followed by Staff in relation to their interactions with all stakeholders as the community has been requesting for several years when commenting on the ICANN Operational Plans, establishment of regular independent (internal + community) surveys/audits to track progress and identify areas that need improvement, establish appropriate processes to escalate issues that enable both community and staff members to raise issues.”

I would also recommend to make this sentence “establish appropriate processes to escalate issues that enable both community and staff members to raise issues” clearer and more specific.

Best,

Giovanni