[Wp3] Staff ACCT - Re: Final versions for approval

Adebunmi AKINBO akinbo.adebunmi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 09:06:59 UTC 2015

A question, please:
Code of Conduct, transparency criteria, establish appropriate processes to
escalate issues.

Who bells the cat in this areas?
Is it expected that the board does it or the community?
Can it be done and presented to fill the gap by CCWG?

My thoughts.

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 9:16 AM, Matthew Shears <mshears at cdt.org> wrote:

>  Excellent edit - thanks.
>
> On 7/27/2015 6:41 AM, Giovanni Seppia wrote:
>
> Hi Leon,
>
>  Thanks. I think that would read much better.
>
>  Best,
>
>  Giovanni
>

>  On 27 Jul 2015, at 04:44, León Felipe Sánchez Ambía <
> <leonfelipe at sanchez.mx>leonfelipe at sanchez.mx> wrote:
>
>  Thanks Giovanni.
>
>  Would it be a better wording to say:
>
>  Commit to create a…
>
>  How does it sound that way?
>
>  Best regards,
>

>  León
>
>  El 26/07/2015, a las 2:43, Giovanni Seppia <Giovanni.Seppia at eurid.eu>
> escribió:
>
>  Dear Leon,
>
>  Thanks for this.
>
>  I still find the wording of the following paragraph a bit weak
>
>  “Consider the creation of a Code of Conduct, transparency criteria,
> training, and key performance indicators to be followed by Staff in
> relation to their interactions with all stakeholders, establishment of
> regular independent (internal + community) surveys/audits to track progress
> and identify areas that need improvement, establish appropriate processes
> to escalate issues that enable both community and staff members to raise
> issues.”
>
>  I would recommend to replace the word “consider” and to insert a
> reference to that fact that this has been asked by the community over the
> past eight years.
>
>  Best,
>
>  Giovanni
>

>   On 24 Jul 2015, at 20:07, León Felipe Sánchez Ambía <
> <leonfelipe at sanchez.mx>leonfelipe at sanchez.mx> wrote:
>
>  Thanks Mathieu,
>
>  I have edited the documento to accept your changes. I have also removed
> paragraph b) in the previous document as you are right and I have confirmed
> with Becky the the IRP is already applicable to Staff action or inaction.
>
>  Attached the final version.
>

>  Best regards,
>
>  León
>
>  El 24/07/2015, a las 3:41, Mathieu Weill < <mathieu.weill at afnic.fr>
> mathieu.weill at afnic.fr> escribió:
>
>  Hi all,
>
> Regarding staff accountability this time :
>

> A couple of wording changes to facilitate insertion into the public
> comment report.
>
> I had the impression that IRP would already apply to Staff decisions, so
> maybe we should review that part of the recommendation ?
>
> Mathieu
>
> Le 24/07/2015 06:51, León Felipe Sánchez Ambía a écrit :
>
> Dear all,
>
> With apologies for the delay, attached you will find what I believe are the final versions of the three documents we’ve discussed.
>
> Please let me know if I missed anything or if I misrepresented our discussion.
>
> Best regards,
>

> León

> --
> *****************************
> [...]

*Evang. Akinbo A. A. Cornerstone, Nigeria.*
+2348064464545, +2348089118151 | 2BAC511D.
www.akinbo.ng

*Co-Founder,*
My Nigeria Online (MyNOL)
www.mynol.org.ng <http://www.mynol.org/>  | akinbo at dnsafrica.org
@mynol1

*Member, Executive Board of Directors*,
Nigeria Internet Registration Association (NiRA)
www.nira.org.ng  | akinbo at nira.org.ng <akinbo at yips.org.ng>
@niraworks

*National Convener,*
Nigerian Youth Coalition on Internet Governance (NG-YCIG)
www.ycig.org.ng <http://www.nira.org.ng/>

*President,*
Young Internet Professionals (YiPS)
www.yips.gnbo.com.ng <http://wwwyips.org.ng/> | akinbo at yips.org.ng

*The RedHub.*
12, Afonka Odebunmi Street, Lagos State.
http://www.theredhub.org/

*National Focal Point ( Nigeria ) 2009-2011.*
Global Youth Coalition on HIV/AIDS (a program of TakingITGlobal)
www.youthaidscoalition.org                  www.takingitglobal.com
www.iaids.org
About me: http://profiles.tigweb.org/pscornerstone