[Wp4] Fwd: Re: [] Variety of formulation for Human Rights bylaw that were made. - corrected

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Fri Aug 7 09:43:39 UTC 2015

Greg wrote

 >     determining what efforts may need to take place

Using Greg's list as inspiration, I offer the following.

Comments?

ICANN and Human Rights - Outline of Background Briefing Document

1.	Overview - what are fundamental rights

Discussion of the general landscape

2.	Absolute vs. Qualified Rights

Explanation of the two types of fundamental rights

3.	Two sides of the coin - obligations

Rights imply corresponding obligations. Who have human rights
obligations and why.

4.	Fundamental rights obligations and international organisations

Overview of how international organisations relate to human and
fundamental rights

5.	Fundamental rights obligations and the private sector

Overview of how private sector organisations relate to human and
fundamental rights

6.	ICANN - where we are now.

As an international, private sector organisation, what human rights
obligations does ICANN currently habe

7.	ICANN - where do we want to be at the point of transition

High-level objective - new bylaw. WS1 workplan.

8.	ICANN - where do we want to be on the anniversary of transition (High
level WS2 plan)

9.	ICANN - five year plan - where do we want to be 5 years from today
(High leve WS2 plan).