[Wp4] WP4 Deliverable: Elaborating an ICANN Commitment to Human RIghts

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Thu Nov 5 13:57:18 UTC 2015

The description for the role of private entities is "not at all, unless
committed to by the private entity". So there's a major
misunderstanding, as there is in the role played by ICANN as regards ccTLDs.

Here's a better formulation (from a US private corporation, no less)

"ExxonMobil actively promotes respect for human rights and is committed
to complying with all applicable laws and regulations. "