[Wp4] Discrete issue: Which bylaws formulation

Tropina, Tatiana t.tropina at mpicc.de
Mon Oct 12 06:23:57 UTC 2015

Avri, I agree that principles might be mentioned in the analysis since there was a public comment against them + poll, but I don't see the logic in the argument that one public comment against the inclusion of principles shall make us proposing them as an option for bylaws language...
I wrote in the email exchange yesterday that we have this negative comment from business constituency as well as negative comments from WP4 members so I am aware of this and have no intention to manipulate information :)
I am not trying so say that this discussion shall be closed, but I seriously don't see how adding Ruggie principles in the proposed language in the document can be justified in the current context.
I think the compromise solution will be to mention a negative comment from BC and the poll results in the summary of the comments instead of adding the principles into the proposal because I am not sure such inclision reflects either public comments or WP4 consensus.
Best regards
Tanya