[Wp4] Discrete issue: Which bylaws formulation

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Sun Oct 11 15:22:18 UTC 2015

I do not support the idea of a call.

I think that, to be formal, we must create two alternatives, both of
which are "minimal". One which refers to the UDHR and one which does not.

These two alternatives must be then placed before Members of the CCWG
(i.e. not us participants) as the people chartered in this regard.

I personally support the UDHR verson, particularly after talking with
Markus Kummer recently.

Mr reasons are as follows:

1.	It's the 'minimal' HR text that is support globally. While I like the
business principles, I think it's a step to far at this stage.

2.	Leaving out a reference to any document exposes ICANN to the
possibility that ANY human rights instrument or idea could be forced on
is, such as the right to drinking water.