[Ws2-diversity] Second version of the strawman

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 23:32:39 UTC 2016

Hi Renata,

Thanks for the message,

> Hi
>
> Thanks for sharing the document.
> I've added comments as suggestions.
>
> I only saw mechanisms of encouraging diversity and gathering data.
>
> Is there any accountability mechanism which triggers actions?

For instance, if a constituency only finds itself with an even lower
> than 26% women for leadership in an election, is there a fail-safe?
> For instance, accompanying new leadership processes via a "diversity
> observer committee" or seminars...

the diversity as topic comes from the work on accountability at workstream1
and deemed necessary to work on for ws2 ,same like for SO/AC accountability
and so on. we are are in exploratory phase here trying to get more
information and understanding about the current state.

we are not necessarily assuming an exisiting specific mechanisms and so we
need to to reach  SO/AC/SG/C to inquiry them if they have any.

I see that may be an overlap here with the SO/AC subgroup work and we
should liaise with the co-rapporteurs there since that subgroup already
initiated a questionnaire asking the SO/AC, in order to avoid any
duplication.

thanks again for putting that in strawman document, that will make things
more easier for us to track.
Best,

Rafik