[Ws2-diversity] Fwd: FEEDBACK on DIVERSITY FROM CCWG-A WS2 F2F MEETING AT ICANN58

Julie Hammer julie.hammer at bigpond.com
Wed Aug 9 22:43:34 UTC 2017

Hi Everyone,

Well done, Bernie, Fiona and Rafik.  I agree that these recommendations should work and I also agree that proposed amendments to the circulated document are friendly ones.

With regard to the suggestion on Physical Ability/Disability, I thought I’d remind everyone what happened at the Plenary in Copenhagen on this topic - see email summary below.  We actually had Ability in the Questionnaire and the plenary asked us to change is back to Disability because it was ambiguous (but also said to be overly sensitive to “political correctness”).  Maybe it should remain as Disability or we may risk having the Plenary ask it to be changed again.

I think Cheryl’s comment on the Skills is correct but suggest that we use the term Diverse Skills, as we did in the Questionnaire.

Overall, my suggestion is that we stick with the list of elements that we used in the Diversity Questionnaire which was considered by the Plenary in Copenhagen, namely:

Geographic/regional representation
Language
Gender
Age