[Ws2-diversity] Notes, recordings and transcript for WS2 Diversity Subgroup Meeting #11 | 31 January 2017

MSSI Secretariat mssi-secretariat at icann.org
Wed Feb 1 18:30:25 UTC 2017

Hello all,

The notes, recordings and transcripts for CCWG Accountability WS2 Diversity Subgroup Meeting #11 |  31 January 2017 will be available here:
 https://community.icann.org/x/Ra3DAw

A copy of the notes may be found below.

Kind Regards,
Yvette Guigneaux
Multi-Stakeholder & Strategic Initiative Asst.
ICANN – Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

Email:  yvette.guigneaux at icann.org<mailto:yvette.guigneaux at icann.org>
Cell:  +1-310-460-8432
Skype:  yvette.guigneaux.icann
www.icann.org[icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.icann.org&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=xjNMRR-fjlgBx7tqUEv8lZv2O9RJyMyqWkymcecegCUuwDxFVsW6VBuvkqKnS_lk&m=q7lUWkEflagGz190NeyJzaccULHdmspr1JOdReMW_JY&s=2nNv6edXVSGrCsdgWbVvqpEcu8W8gFhxK8t6MMl3yV8&e=>

·  Action (Nathalie) send a reminder to Chris Gift to send documentation to the subgroup about Global enrollment

·  Action (Sebastien): send an email to the mailing list to summarize the discussion about role of ombuds office in collecting diversity data for those who missed the
last call, and get a conversation going on the mailing list

Review of Draft questionnaire -  Diversity Questionnaire

- Finalization & sending to CCWG Plenary

- Reaching SO/AC

·  Renata asking that question that was deleted be re-included

·  Julie: questions 1 and 2 have been put back in

·  Renata: I see that they were re-ordered, but are there, so this is good

·  Rafik: there are comments from Corinne, let's see if we can incorporate those comments and finalize the questionnaire

·  Julie: I agree with Corinne about question 4

·  Renata: I think it is clear enough as it is written now Suggest to keep the question as it is.

·  FIONA ASONGA 2: Yes we keep the question

·  Amal Al-saqqaf: maybe we should remove it

·  Sebatien: we don't need to be too specific. Suggest adding the following after the question: "How is it done?"

·  Renata Aquino Ribeiro: I do not oppose a follow up question

·  FIONA ASONGA 2: I agree with Sabastien's amendment

·  Julie: that's fine, seems like a majority agrees with this suggestion

·  Action (drafting team): amend the question 4 with the amendment discussed today, and give until Friday for the group to confirm we have reached consensus.

Strawman document:  moving to initial report drafting

·  Fiona: we are reformatting the strawman according to the template provided for the report. Asking the group to provide comments about the document.

·  Renata: what is the deadline for this, and do we have a drafting team?

·  Fiona: in terms of timing, the WS2 timeline is that we should start reviewing a 1st draft starting in February, so we are right on time if I manage to
circulate a document today. There are several elements from recommendation #12 that still need to be discussed. All comments from previous
discussions have been included in the report.

·  Renata: we should discuss more the suggestion to use the office of ombudsman, and should use the month of February to discuss also the
other components that we haven't yet discussed.

·  Rafik: to clarify, we haven't had a detailed discussion about the office of diversity. We need to have this discussion, which is why we have an
action item about that.

·  Renata Aquino Ribeiro: I'd be quite clear we need to address the need for a diversity office in ICANN. And how it can work w/ current structures like
ombudsman office and this group.

·  Dalila Rahmouni: Yes we need to see all the options for the office

·  Renata: we should think about the visa problem, the problem of accessibility, remote participation, and broad inclusion.

AOB

·  Rafik: We are scheduling the next calls for February, invitations will come out soon.