[Ws2-diversity] Draft 01 Diversity Report

Mathieu Weill mathieu.weill at afnic.fr
Thu Feb 16 16:30:24 UTC 2017

Malcolm, All,

Thank you for the feedbacks, and for the various suggestions.

Picking up on your proposal Malcolm, how about :

"Ensuring that ICANN is open to diverse participation will tend to broaden
the range of skills and experience available, but rigid application of
diversity requirements for selection could in some cases have the opposite
effect, and this unintended consequence *needs to be carefully assessed*."
(instead of "avoided").

Since this part of the text is at the "definition" level, we should probably
not run into any recommendation type of sentence ?

Best
Mathieu