[Ws2-diversity] Draft 01 Diversity Report

Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch
Fri Feb 17 15:59:48 UTC 2017

sorry, went out too fast: I wanted to also support Mathieu, Avri and others...
thx and apologies
Jorge

________________________________

Von: Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch <Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch>
Datum: 17. Februar 2017 um 16:58:27 MEZ
An: avri at apc.org <avri at apc.org>
Cc: ws2-diversity at icann.org <ws2-diversity at icann.org>
Betreff: Re: [Ws2-diversity] Draft 01 Diversity Report

Apologies for missing too many. alls...

________________________________

Von: avri doria <avri at apc.org>
Datum: 17. Februar 2017 um 13:41:16 MEZ
Cc: ws2-diversity at icann.org <ws2-diversity at icann.org>

Hi,

Thanks for supporting the rewording.

I worry about adding wiggle room, which allows the powers that be to
ignore the requirement.  From the point of view of needing diversity, I
think the edit defeats the purpose.

In a sense by not defining quota, which I considered suggesting, we are
already giving an implicit bit of wiggle room.  I do not support adding
the extra phrase and think we should consider adding hard quotas.  I
think the historical evidence is that without quotas, diversity just
does happen because it is always more possible to stick with homogeneity.

avri

---