[Ws2-diversity] Draft 01 Diversity Report

Malcolm Hutty malcolm at linx.net
Thu Feb 23 11:34:36 UTC 2017

On 23/02/2017 01:23, Julie Hammer wrote:
> Achieving diversity in skills should not be seen as a choice between
> skills and diversity which excludes participation, but rather one which
> values many skills sets and facilitates inclusion and broad participation.

I'm not sure I understand this sentence.

I was getting the impression that this groups' fundamental understanding
of the term "diversity" is to exclude white people and men from
consideration for certain positions, on the grounds that we've got too
many of them already.

I assumed this is why the diversity report omits what I would have
thought was the most obvious expectation, a commitment to avoid racial
or sexual discrimination.

Am I mistaken? If so, why is there no such commitment?

Malcolm
--
            Malcolm Hutty | tel: +44 20 7645 3523
   Head of Public Affairs | Read the LINX Public Affairs blog

                 London Internet Exchange Ltd
           Monument Place, 24 Monument Street London EC3R 8AJ

         Company Registered in England No. 3137929