[Ws2-diversity] Proposition from IOO-DT [Ws2-ombudsman] to Diversity-DT

Sébastien Bachollet sebastien at bachollet.com
Tue Jan 24 04:10:08 UTC 2017

Dear Colleagues,
During the last ICANN Ombuds Office-DT (IOO-DT) call on Monday the 23rd of
January 2017 we discussed and agreed on the following.

The Diversity-DT is currently working and discussing on a
"Proposal to create an office of diversity within ICANN, to collect data and
make proposals to improve diversity."
In the discussion of the IOO-DT we have suggested to include this in the
ICANN Ombuds Office as the « Ombuds should promote diversity, ethical
behaviour, human rights, and fairness" and because the IOO is an (the only
for the moment) independent body within ICANN.
Can both the Diversity-DT and the IOO-DT consider this proposal?

We will be happy to discuss this proposal during the next Diversity
sub-group.
Your input will be welcome.
Thanks
All the best