[Ws2-hr] Fwd: [EXTERNAL] Re: Request for input on Human Rights questions

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 22:02:40 UTC 2016

The point is that the Bylaw can only require what is required by applicable
law.  So unless there's a determination that "respecting" human rights
within the bounds of applicable law requires an HRIA, a failure to conduct
an HRIA could not be a violation of the Bylaw.  And I see no basis for such
a determination.

Greg

*Gregory S. Shatan | Partner *McCARTER & ENGLISH, LLP

245 Park Avenue, 27th Floor | New York, New York 10167
T: 212-609-6873
C: 917-816-6428
F: 212-416-7613
gshatan at mccarter.com | www.mccarter.com

BOSTON | HARTFORD | STAMFORD | NEW YORK | NEWARK
EAST BRUNSWICK | PHILADELPHIA  | WILMINGTON | WASHINGTON, DC