[Ws2-hr] When should ICANN uphold human rights?

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 12:25:37 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Sorry for sending out the questions late. I wanted to provide a gist of
what we discussed during our call and then provide the questions but
unfortunately, we still do not have the recording. Below are some questions
for the group to discuss:

Considering ICANN's scope and mission, when should ICANN uphold human
rights?

- In its consideration to enter into contracts with registries and
registrars? (for example, when they are considering a new gTLD application)

- During the contractual relationship with the registries and the
registrars by obligating the registries and registrars to enforce human
rights?

Best

--
Farzaneh