[Ws2-hr] When should ICANN uphold human rights?

León Felipe Sánchez Ambía leonfelipe at sanchez.mx
Mon Sep 5 19:02:04 UTC 2016

Dear all,

I am glad to see the discussion is vibrant in this subgroup.

I have, however one point of clarification. I accept that my concern might be a consequence of my lack of knowledge in english but I feel that when we say “uphold” we are going a step further than the intended spirit of “respecting” human rights as concluded in our WS1 report.

If that is in fact the case, I would encourage the subgroup to go back to the root of the discussion considering ICANN to respect rather than upholding human rights.

I am happy to read comments and grateful for any corrections to any lack of knowledge I might be displaying.

Best regards,

León