[Ws2-hr] When should ICANN uphold human rights?

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 17:57:37 UTC 2016

Hi Anne,

I think for the examples you are talking about, ICANN does have processes
in place.ICANN vets the registry operators and does a background check.
There is also a policy on  "New gTLD Program Safeguards to Mitigate DNS
Abuse". And probably more measures with regards to criminal acts. In New
gTLD program applicant book also there was a GAC early warning if  a new
gTLD was problematic for example.

Best

Farzaneh

Farzaneh