[Ws2-hr] When should ICANN uphold human rights?

Aikman-Scalese, Anne AAikman at lrrc.com
Tue Sep 6 18:19:37 UTC 2016

Thanks Farzaneh.  I agree with you in regard to the analysis of ICANN functions. I have listed five of these in an e-mail sent a few minutes ago which I think may suggest some “stress tests” for this Human Rights FOI.    They are:

1.       Award of registry contracts

2.       Contractual provisions required in registry (and by implication registrar) contracts.

3.       Adjudication of Requests for Reconsideration

4.       Adjudication of complaints filed with ICANN with respect to Spec 11 Public Interest Commitments

5.       Possible revocation of gTLD contract awards in relation to registry operators using TLDs for Human Rights abuse purposes.

Anne E. Aikman-Scalese

Of Counsel

520.629.4428 office

520.879.4725 fax