[Ws2-hr] Drafting Team member - Suggested Text [renamed subject line]

McAuley, David dmcauley at verisign.com
Wed Aug 9 17:38:27 UTC 2017

Thank you for the question, Kavouss.

My personal preference as a drafting team member would be to retain “could.”  I understand it to more definitely represent an option – an alternative that could be chosen, but might not be.

“May,” to my thinking, could be read to indicate something that will happen, especially in a legal context.

Best wishes,

David

David McAuley

Sr International Policy & Business Development Manager

Verisign Inc.

703-948-4154