[Ws2-hr] Notes, recordings and transcript for WS2 Human Rights Subgroup Meeting # 19 | 7 February 2017

MSSI Secretariat mssi-secretariat at icann.org
Tue Feb 7 21:06:51 UTC 2017

Hello all,

Please see the notes, recordings, and transcript for the CCWG Accountability WS2 Human Rights Subgroup Meeting #19 here;  https://community.icann.org/x/26XDAw

A copy of the notes may be found below.

Thank you.

With kind regards,
Brenda Brewer, Projects & Operations Assistant
Multistakeholder Strategy & Strategic Initiatives (MSSI)
 Notes: (Including relevant portions of chat):
1. Administrivia - Roll call, absentees, SoIs, etc
No audio only participants.
No SOI updates.
No addition to agenda
2. The way forward vis a vis Public Comment of FoI
Drafting team has been considering the bullets from annex 12. Their conclusion is that there is still work to be done by the subgroup, and recommendation made to hold off the public comment on the FoI, till a single document is produced that would consider all the bullets of annex 12.
Subgroup consensus to proceed per this recommendation.
This update will be presented at the CCWG plenary tomorrow.
3. High level overview of work-in-progress considerations document by drafting team
- Preamble
Kavouss: I think we should have only 1 document, not 2 separate documents.
Tatiana: drafting team agrees that there should be only 1 document. The document presented is only a working document to discuss how we plan to address all the bullet points. All additions coming out of this exercise will be integrated in the FoI document.
- Discussed bullet #1 - "Consider wich specific HR conventions ... "
Drafting team will include feedback received in document for futher review / discussion
- Discussed bullet # 2 - "Policies and frameworks..."
Discussed the necessity to distinguish between ICANN org and ICANN community
Kavouss: I disagree to make a distinction between ICANN org and ICANN community
This topic needs to be further discussed
- bullet # 3 - "Consistent with ICANN's existing processes..."
Greg walked through the suggestions prepared by drafting team
- bullet #4 - Consider how the interpretation and implementation of this bylaw..."
Greg walked through the suggestions prepared by drafting team
- bullet #5 - Consider what effect, if any, this bylaw will have..."
Greg walked through the suggestions prepared by drafting team
Kavouss: we need to further discuss this document, suggests to not make distinctions between groups.
4. AOB
The drafting team will continue to work on this document based on the inputs received today.
Subgroup will continue reviewing this document in the next meeting of the subgroup.
Next subgroup meeting: Tuesday 15 Feb @19:00 UTC