[Ws2-hr] Proposed Agenda February 21 19:00 UTC

Kavouss Arasteh kavouss.arasteh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 12:29:01 UTC 2017

Dear Niels,
At our last meeting , ANN and someone else tried to treat GAC and two other
SOs namely GNSO and ccNSO in regard with respecting Human Rights quite
differently to which I objected.
The two supporting organizations provide re3commendations to ICANN Board
based on their respective PDP developed.
GAC provide Advice to the Board based on Public Policy issues .
The treatment of these output by ICANN Board must be equal.
In other words if they are examined against respecting, all three should
undergo that criteria if not none of them.
Consequently the text in the document must have equal weighting and equal
status.
I also do not understand one GAC member indicating GAC Advice should
respect Human Rights, which I have problem on that, but that GAC member did
not say that GNSO and ccNSO  policies must also respect Human Rights.
The unequal treatment that was mentioned by that GAC member is inappropriate
Regards
Kavouss