[Ws2-hr] [CCWG-ACCT] HR subgroup question to CCWG plenary

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Wed Jan 4 17:37:12 UTC 2017

Brett

If none, the by-law must be given a literal construction.

If that were the case, it would be a nullity, since there is no
applicable domestic law that requires a private California corporation
to take account of human rights laws.

So, there must be at least one such instrument, otherwise (using a
teleological construction) the purpose of the bylaw would be defeated.