[Ws2-hr] [CCWG-ACCT] HR subgroup question to CCWG plenary

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 22:00:32 UTC 2017

On the second issue raised, I agree with Brett that the "if any" modifies
the phrase "specific Human Rights conventions or other instruments," and
not merely the "other instruments" part of that phrase.

If I asked you "What salad or soup, if any, would you like as an
appetizer?", I don't think you would assume that you are definitely getting
salad (whether you like it or not) and your option not to have a dish is
limited to declining the soup.