[Ws2-hr] Outcomes of todays call

John Laprise jlaprise at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 20:26:38 UTC 2017

I whole heartedly disagree. Any government which oppresses civil society domestically cannot be expected to embrace a multistakeholder process that explicitly empowers civil society. It is in their interest to see such a mechanism fail in favor of a mechanism that exclude civil society at a minimum and ideally revert to a multilateral model. Moreover, even non-state actors beholden to such states walk a fine line.

This is far from silly, it’s quite rational. Game theory 101.

Best regards,

John Laprise, Ph.D.

 <http://www.linkedin.com/in/jplaprise/> http://www.linkedin.com/in/jplaprise/