[Ws2-jurisdiction] Proposed Additional Question

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Mon Dec 5 03:06:06 UTC 2016

I'm very much ad idem with Greg on this, who has set this out in much
more detail.

Kavouss asked what I was responding to. It was this

 >         Drafting proposal 3rd Paragraph, 2nd line: „ … specify whether
 >         those jurisdictions (incl. international law) would support …“

My reservation is simply that I am not grasping how a possible future
ICANN could be in under an international law jurisdiction without an
intergovernmental agreement of some sort (let's call it a Treaty) and an
agreement between ICANN and the country where it has its seat (let's
call that a host country agreement).

And, as I know this is the very scenario ICANN was set up in the form of
a private law, non-profit organisation to avoid, I can't yet see how
spending time and money on that concept advances matters much.

I must be missing something.

Is there another form of 'being under the jurisdiction under
international law' that ICANN could choose?