[Ws2-jurisdiction] Pool.com case summary

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 13:40:33 UTC 2017

Thanks a lot for sharing this Mathieu, I guess this removes any claims that
the experience would be the same if ICANN were sued outside of her
jurisdiction of incorporation. The following text makes that quite clear:

"Defendant ICANN asserted that the Court lacked jurisdiction because
(quoting the argument):
ICANN is not resident in Ontario
The Action has no real or substantial connection to Ontario
Virtually all the evidence and witnesses are in California"

I am not a lawyer but perhaps it may be good to know how flexible it is for
non-US customer of ICANN to legally engage/challenge ICANN in her place of
incorporation. The impact of this on US-banned countries may also be a good
to know.

Regards

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*

Bringing another down does not take you up - think about your action!