[Ws2-jurisdiction] [Issue and Solution] ICANN and its obligation to apply for OFAC when necessary

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 16:33:19 UTC 2017

Hi Tijani,

That is another issue which should be discussed and tackled with but in
another thread.

The problem that ICANN does not obligate itself to seek a license can be
solved relatively easily through a change of ICANN contract with the
registrars. If OFAC does not grant a license is a grander issue which needs
other solutions.  One of the solutions could be that OFAC issues a general
license for ICANN functions.

But I suggest that in this thread we actually talk about how we can get
ICANN to change RAA and also be required to seek an OFAC license.

Best

Farzaneh

Farzaneh