[Ws2-jurisdiction] Jurisdiction Subgroup: The (Revised) Path Forward

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 03:32:58 UTC 2017

At our 16 August meeting, we discussed the initial “Path Forward” proposal
and various comments from participants.  We arrived at the following
approach to produce Subgroup recommendations.

*11 October Deadline*:

·         Based on the overall timeline for Work Stream 2, the Subgroup has
until *11 October* to submit a draft report and set of recommendations to
the Plenary for first reading.

·         In other words, we have about *seven (7) weeks* to develop a
draft set of issues and recommendations and come to consensus on these.

*A Handful of Issues:* We will need to select *a handful of issues (likely,
2 to 4) *which*:*

·         Are within our *remit*.

·         Will result in *recommendations that achieve consensus in the
Subgroup*.

*The Challenge: *Everyone will have to *compromise* in order to finalize
this *limited number of issues* over the *next very few weeks* and *work
diligently at meetings and on the list* to develop recommendations for
these particular issues.

*The Method: Participants* should each present *one or more issues (with
proposed solutions)* which they believe are *in scope* for the Subgroup

·         If you present more than one issue, please prioritize them (e.g.,
1, 2, 3)

·         Post the issue statement(s) to the list by *23:59 on 21 August*
for discussion at our meeting of *23 August*.

·         Issues should be* very specific* -- avoid open-ended, abstract or
omnibus issues.

·         All proposed issue statements should *include one or more
proposed solutions*.

·         Issue and solution descriptions should be* succinct *-- 12
standard lines maximum (each).

·         Send your issue statement to the *email list* or put it on
the *Google
sheet*:

o   *Use a new email *(not a reply)*, *with the* subject ISSUE: [name of
issue].*

o   Google sheet is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zAMj3Oz8TEqbjauOyqt09Ef-1ada9TrC7i60Mk-7al4/edit?usp=sharing

§  If you put your issue on the Google sheet, notify the email list.

·         If another participant proposes an issue you wanted to propose,
simply post your support for that issue statement.

Thank you.