[Ws2-jurisdiction] [Issue and Solution] Seeking an OFAC License process

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 05:27:05 UTC 2017

I read Progress in this thread!!!

Thanks
Sent from my mobile
Kindly excuse brevity and typos

On Aug 21, 2017 4:55 AM, "Greg Shatan" <gregshatanipc at gmail.com> wrote:

It appears to me that creation of a general license involves a regulatory
process, which is in the purview of the executive branch (more
specifically, the U.S. Treasury, of which OFAC is a part). Indeed, 31 CFR §
595.305 defines a general license as “any license or authorization the
terms of which are set forth in this part.”  In other words, the general
license is a part of the OFAC regulations.  General licenses apply to
classes of persons and types of transactions.

By contrast, a specific license is sought through an application to OFAC
and the license is issued by OFAC.  Individual licenses are party-specific
and transaction-specific.

Greg