[Ws2-jurisdiction] RES: RES: RES: ISSUE - unilateral jurisdiction of one country over ICANN

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Mon Aug 21 13:02:43 UTC 2017

We formulate it as a collateral damage argument. The DNS root is an essential facility to the functioning of the global Internet, and it is better for people in a sanctioned country (most of whom are innocent parties) to have Internet access. Taking away Internet access harms the general public more than it harms the sanction targets.