[Ws2-jurisdiction] RES: RES: RES: RES: ISSUE - unilateral jurisdiction of one country over ICANN

Paul Rosenzweig paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com
Mon Aug 21 17:25:00 UTC 2017

I think this is an incomplete statement.  US enforcement agencies should not
“interfere with the activities ICANN performs in the global public interests
as a means of advancing US foreign policy.”   Enforcement agencies acting in
the normal course (e.g. taxation, customs, health and safety, environment,
and criminal law) will “interfere” ICANN – in much the same way that
Brazilian civil authorities will.  The end goal here (as Milton and
parminder said) should be to avoid US use of ICANN as a tool of US power –
it is not to make ICANN immune from civil law generally.

Paul

Paul Rosenzweig

 <mailto:paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com>
paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com