[Ws2-jurisdiction] Additional Document for upcoming meeting

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Wed Aug 30 07:58:48 UTC 2017

First reaction

This is well-written and an excellent start.

I did find the footnotes highly confusing - particularly the presence of
half of footnote 6 on the next page, and I was thoroughly confused by
footnote 7. But these are minor issues.

A suggestion: I think it would be helpful to share this with the ccNSO
Council, for early comment and feedback from Council and the wider ccTLD
community, either now, or following further revision.

The text is understandably specific about gTLD aspects, but relatively
silent about ccTLD aspects - and the work of PTI has been directly
affected by recent re-interpretations of OFAC by ICANN.

I personally think a similar exposition of how the IANA deals with
ccTLDs to match the RAA specifics would be required for full coverage of
the issues.

I'd be interested in the view of the Chair of the subgroup on the
appropriate liaison procedure here.

Nigel Roberts
(ccNSO Council Member, EU region)