[Ws2-jurisdiction] Issue: US's courts' judicial writ over all aspects of ICANN

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Wed Aug 30 11:47:40 UTC 2017

On Monday 28 August 2017 11:28 PM, Paul Rosenzweig wrote:
> And, of course, as well, as an entity operating in the UK, India, Brazil,
> Iran, Australia and ... every other country in the world, ICANN is also
> subject to the full range of those laws to the extent those countries chose
> to apply them.  Since that choice is =completely= independent of the place
> of incorporation this issue is a non-issue for which no solution is
> possible, much less required.

Paul, you did not answer my question -- why are we seeking solutions to
US sanction regimes like OFAC, but not say of Saudi Arabia's over
Qatar.... By your logic we shd as much be doing so and it is unfair to
just single out OFAC. Any explanation you have -- I did ask the question
before.

BTW, in pursuance of the same objective, that status qup should remain,
Phil keeps saying it is only where there are means of effective
enforcement that a law is meaningful (which I agree) and you keep saying
it does not matter and every legal regime, of every country, is equally
applicable on ICANN.

parminder