[Ws2-jurisdiction] Documents for upcoming meeting

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Wed Jun 14 09:36:20 UTC 2017

I may also add that at the meetings of UN (CSTD) WG on enhanced
cooperation which is tasked to look at the global institutional
architecture of IG, of which I happen to be a member, we have often been
told by Northern gov reps that the questionof jurisdiction over iCANN is
right now being dealt by ICANN's own processes, implying CCWG and its
jurisdiction sub group....  I have been a part of several stakeholder
meetings on IANA transition in India and not for once I saw any doubt in
anyone's mind about what the jurisdiction question was about -- whatever
be one's views on the question. Just to show that how the mandate of
this group is globally understood.

Now, after months of work, for that very ICANN WG to come up with
strange questions and doubts about the very meaning of the jurisdiction
question  --- mind it, not yet differences in resolution of the problems
--- is certainly a most strange spectacle.

parminder