[Ws2-jurisdiction] Question Presented

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 20:04:03 UTC 2017

I don't believe I've given the impression that I speak for or on behalf of
the Co-Chairs.  In any event, I'll confirm that I don't.  If I've seemingly
done so in summarizing where things stand, it's basically extracted from
what the Co-Chairs have had to say.  In any event, you'll have to ask the
co-chairs those questions.  I thought that if you were relying on something
in the Charter to come to your view, it would be helpful to know.  By your
answer, it appears there's nothing in the Charter that supports your view,
but you may also believe that nothing in the Charter supports the
Co-Chairs' activities either.

The review of litigations is not an issue; rather, it's a task.  Some of
the cases may raise perceived issues.  The questionnaire responses and
various interventions by participants have also raised perceived issues.
An example is the suggestion that there are issues relating to OFAC and
ICANN's accountability.  Another perceived issue is the concern that US
courts may conduct choice of law analyses in a way that favors the adoption
of US law as the "choice of law" over foreign laws that could apply.  I'm
looking forward to seeing participants populate the "Proposed Issues List".

Hope that helps.

Greg