[Ws2-jurisdiction] OFAC Recommendation

Kavouss Arasteh kavouss.arasteh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 07:53:04 UTC 2017

Dear Greg,
Thanks for the message, I do not wish to reiterate my concerns and reopen
the discussion.
However, as Steve Del Bianco stated in the chat and later on in a message
to me ,there is a need to take a follow up action in drafting a Stress
Test describing
the situation in the overall activities of Jurisdiction Group without any
référence to or inclusion in the OFAC Recommendation on OFAC.
Steve stated that he 8 as the architect of all 40 Stress Tests in CCWG
,will assist to draft a text on the matter.
In view of the above, YOU NEED TO AMEND THE INSTANCE AS FOLLOWS
*During the preparation of this Recommendation, the Subgroup considered an
email where a registrar declined to do business with a potential reseller,
based on the registrar’s policy of not doing business with people with
Iranian passports.  The Subgroup also learned that this registrar, which
had been registering domains for a number of Iranian nationals, refused to
continue to do business with them.  The Subgroup has concluded that, to the
extent these instances are related to OFAC, the concerns raised by these
instances are adequately covered in the Recommendation already without any
additional changes.  This is not in any way a comment on the validity of
these particular concerns. To this effect a Stress Test is under
preparation for subsequent submission to CCWG to address the matter, as
appropriate Sub Group *
Regards
Kavouss