[Ws2-jurisdiction] [CCWG-ACCT] Jurisdiction Subgroup Draft Report for CCWG-Accountability Plenary Review

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 21:08:10 UTC 2017

Okay that's helpful information Milton.

Thanks

Sent from my mobile
Kindly excuse brevity and typos

On Oct 18, 2017 10:03 PM, "Mueller, Milton L" <milton at gatech.edu> wrote:

Seun said:

If I may, how does our recommendation serve as improvement from the status
quo? I mean what category of applicants will start to feel the positive
impact of our recommendation?

The answer is that SDNs are a very small number of people who are singled
out for sanctions (e.g., a known war criminal), whereas most sanctions
apply to all nationals of the sanctioned country; e.g. all registrars, all
registry applicants and all domain name registrants. So there is a huge
improvement if sanctions are removed from ordinary domain name registrants
but a few SDNs are excepted.

Dr. Milton L Mueller

Professor, School of Public Policy <http://spp.gatech.edu/>

Georgia Institute of Technology