[Ws2-jurisdiction] [EXTERNAL] issues on applicable law

Raphaël BEAUREGARD-LACROIX raphael.beauregardlacroix at sciencespo.fr
Sun Sep 17 19:47:38 UTC 2017

Dear all,

I apologise in advance for not being able to make it to tomorrow's call
since I will be held at work until late evening CET.

While there will probably be more discussions of this topic tomorrow, I
have prepared a skeleton draft recommendation as a google doc so that we
can start working towards our final objective, since it does seem at this
point that there is a form of consensus emerging on both the fact that this
is an issue and over solutions.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xAyla8FTaL7jZ0D2rYtAzQUr3gEnirTKiAG-kqD0ZSs/edit?usp=sharing

To be very honest I do not know of the formal or even substantive
requirements for recommendations, so I just took some ideas from the OFAC
one.

I guess at this point is just for everyone to jump in and contribute, as
this is far from complete (and maybe even accurate.) I will myself be
adding more materials from our discussions into this during the coming
week.

I remember Greg you said you would prepare some form of wrap-up/forward
looking document, in any case (and especially if yours is more fleshed out)
feel free to incorporate whatever can be incorporated from this one into
yours so that we work in a single document.

Best,

Raphael

Raphaël Beauregard-Lacroix
LinkedIn