[Ws2-jurisdiction] OFAC Rec.s

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Wed Sep 20 17:28:30 UTC 2017

On 20/09/17 18:19, Greg Shatan wrote:

> Can you please guide me to the section of the RAA that would prevent
> such a business decision (i.e., a registrar deciding not to do business
> with citizens of a given country (whether it is Canada, Haiti, Iran or
> otherwise)?

In the United Kingdom, never mind the RAA, this would be quite illegal
(see s.13, prohibited conduct) unless such treatment is required by law
(e.g.  required by legally binding sanctions).

How can anyone in the 21st century believe that any "business decision"
doctrine could allow making decisions on the basis of race/citizenship
(or any other protected characteristic) is quite alien over here and
incomprehensible.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2010/15