[Ws2-ombudsman] Your comments will be welcome

Klaus Stoll kdrstoll at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 19:37:32 UTC 2017

Dear Sebastian

Thank You for this. I have just one comment on 8 - ICANN should
establish an Ombuds Advisory Panel:

It strikes me that we are not so much looking for an Advisory Panel but
for something more along the lines of a Ethics Committee. An Ethics
Committee might be better suited to fulfill the functions we envisage
and it is also something ICANN should have anyway. An Ethics Committee
could be very complimentary and supportive to Ombuds and the whole ICANN
community. It would also be a very useful tool when it comes to
questions like staff accountability.

Just a thought

Yours

Klaus