[Ws2-so_ac] Notes, recordings, transcript for WS2 SO/AC Accountability Subgroup Meeting #15 - 15DEC16

MSSI Secretariat mssi-secretariat at icann.org
Thu Dec 15 06:36:28 UTC 2016

Hello All,

The notes, recordings and transcripts for WS2 SO/AC Accountability Subgroup | Meeting #15 @ 05:00 UTC -  15December16 will be made available here:
https://community.icann.org/x/FJTDAw

For your reference, a copy of the notes are below.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Yvette Guigneaux
Multi-Stakeholder & Strategic Initiative Asst.
ICANN
Email:  yvette.guigneaux at icann.org<mailto:yvette.guigneaux at icann.org>
Cell:  +1-310-460-8432
Skype:  yvette.guigneaux.icann

12025 Waterfront Drive, Suite 300
Playa Vista, CA 90094

________________________________

Notes
SO/AC Accountability Meeeting #15
15 December 2016 @ 05:00 UTC

Apologies:  Julf Helsingius, Olga Cavalli

Agenda:
0.  Call Administration
1. Review of any AI's from call #14 on December 8th see https://community.icann.org/x/D5TDAw[community.icann.org]
2. Updates:
      *  Input from the Survey sent to SOandAC's
      * Any Sub Team Activities since our last call
3. Discussion,  current DRAFT documentation readings and review.
See https://docs.google.com/document/d/14XrP2QiGv04qNtn_EuOR3nEc6uAN2ySlpQM5f69PNI8/edit?usp=sharing[docs.google.com]
     - track 1. Review and discuss time line and process for Drafting ST1 to conduct Data Capture and Develop Recommendations to improve SO and AC processes for accountability, transparency, and participation that are helpful to prevent capture.
     - track 2.  Evaluate the proposed "Mutual Accountability Roundtable" to assess its viability and, if viable, undertake the necessary actions to implement it.  The preliminary conclusion in the  doc on page 4
     - track 3.  Assess whether the Independent Review Process (IRP) should be applied to SO & AC activities.
The preliminary conclusion in the doc on pg 5
4. Next Meeting and future Meeting schedule
      o  12 January @ 13:00 UTC
      o  19 January @ 05:00 UTC
      o  26 January @ 13:00 UTC

Notes:  (including relevant portions of the chat)

  *   Farzaneh walked through the agenda.
  *   Request from Kavouss to move the 0500 of JAN 19 to 1900.

0.  Call Administration
(Skipped.)

1. Review of any AI's from call #14 on December 8th

  *   see https://community.icann.org/x/D5TDAw
  *   Steve Del Bianco: during the last call, tracks 2 & 3 were discussed. A new version of the document was circulated on Monday, with updates on track 3 regarding IRP. We'll get back to the draft in the last portion of this call.

2. Updates:
      *  Input from the Survey sent to SO andAC's
*  Farzaneh: We have received response from the ccNSO, constituency group of GNSO and the GAC. Expecting responses from other parts of the GNSO. We have tabulated the answers from GNSO and GAC in a google doc, we'll add the ccNSO after this call.
*  Steve DelBianco: ASO informed us today that we should have their response this week. We should discuss sending a reminder email to remaining organizations.
*  Kavouss suggests adding a deadline for responses to be received, so that there is enough time to analyze the responses.
*  avri doria: we should ask again, but remember that while they should fill them out, they are under no obligation to do so.
*  Cheryl: maybe our co-chairs can help us get the missing answers.
*  Steve: we need to fill subteam 1, so that they start working on this, and we should not wait until our next phone call to start the work.
*  Cheryl: it would be helpful to have more people volunteer to join team 1.
*  Displayed tabulated table of responses on screen. Current table displayed is difficult to use, because the columns are very narrow.
*  Loaded GAC response.
*  Steve: We'll have to summarize the responses in order to be able to display them side by side. Let's discuss the methodology to do the analysis.
*  Kavouss: we have to keep in mind the end result, which will have to be a short summary of the responses provided.
*  CW: Do we expect a GNSO reply, and/or several other replies from their  respective communities.
*  Steve: we expect responses from GNSO, but also from stakeholder groups and business constituencies
*  CW: the first two replies reveal dominant themes, and we should follow these themes (common grounds, and exceptions). This should help identify best practices.
*   Cheryl: Subteam 1 can use the weekly call to progress the analysis, as well as work off line through the mailing list.
*  Steve suggests breaking down the question #2 into sub-questions using letters to number the sub-questions. Subteam 1 should follow this numbering in their analysis.
*  Structural differences need to be noted as part of the analysis, to avoid misinterpretations.
*  Steve reiterated the need for more volunteers to participate in the analysis of the responses received.

ACTION (rapporteurs): work with co-chairs to send reminder emails to SO/ACs who haven't responded yet.

3. Discussion,  current DRAFT documentation readings and review.
*  This section couldn't be covered in call, due to lack of time.

4. Next Meeting and future Meeting schedule
      o  12 January @ 13:00 UTC
      o  19 January @ 05:00 UTC
      o  26 January @ 13:00 UTC
*  Request from Kavouss to move the 0500 of JAN 19 to 1900 - Cheryl will check if the slot is available.