[Ws2-so_ac] Notes, recordings, transcript for WS2 SO/AC Accountability Subgroup Meeting #6 - 8 Sept

Brenda Brewer brenda.brewer at icann.org
Fri Sep 9 05:44:29 UTC 2016

Hello all,

The notes, recordings and transcripts for WS2 SO/AC Accountability Subgroup Meeting #6 - 8 September 2016 will be available here:  https://community.icann.org/x/YBKsAw

A copy of the notes may be found below.

Thank you.

With kind regards,
Brenda Brewer
MSSI Projects & Operations Assistant
ICANN - Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
Action

ACTION ITEM - draft text of questions based on the  bylaws charter for our group (slide on the screen), plus Recc 10 and 12 (also in the slides).  Question to ask
each SO/AC about their accountability mechanisms pending review of the staff paper

Notes

Review (brief) of last call #5 and any Action Items / Business Arising?

- Reviewed text from Annex 10 and the presenttion to the Plenary to address accountability both internal and external .

- External describes as eveyone who is not part of the target constituencies for a community

- Need to be careful as to how captureing what is meant in using the term exrernal

What are the current SO/AC Accountability mechanisms?

- Continued discussion of who are we accountable to

- Need to formulate the question to gather information regarding accountability and then will send to the SO/AC leadership for discussion within their groups
?  How do we interpret "working plan" for enhancing SO/AC Accountability

- Asking for comments and ideas as to what the plan should entail

- SO/AC Accountability per WS2 Bylaw review and develop ... to the extent set forth in the CCWG-Accountability Final Report:

(iii) Supporting Organization and Advisory Commitee accountability, including but not limited to improved processes for accountability,

transparency, andparticipationn that are helpful to prevent capture

- review and develop are key terms

question noted regarding review

ACTION ITEM - draft text of questions based on the  bylaws charter for our group (slide on the screen), plus Recc 10 and 12 (also in the slides).  Question to ask
each SO/AC about their accountability mechanisms pending review of the staff paper

Next call is on 15 Sept at 1300 UTC