[Ws2-so_ac] Notes, recordings and transcript for SOAC Subgroup Meeting # 19 | 2 February

MSSI Secretariat mssi-secretariat at icann.org
Fri Feb 3 14:46:17 UTC 2017

Hello all,

The notes, recordings and transcripts for CCWG Accountability WS2 SO/AC Subgroup Meeting #19 – 26 January 2017 will be available here:  https://community.icann.org/x/XI3RAw

A copy of the action item and notes may be found below.

Thank you.

With kind regards,
Brenda Brewer
MSSI Projects & Operations Assistant
ICANN - Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

 Action Item:

·         Action (Outreach sub team): reach out to the group through the mailing list to collect additional inputs and further develop the
recommendations on the Outreach section.
 Notes (including relevant parts of chat)
0. Call Administration
No audio only participants.
Roll call will be taken from the AC room.
No SOI update.
No request for change to agenda.
1. Review of any AI's from call #18 on January 26th @1300 UTC
All action items can be found here:   https://community.icann.org/x/9a-DAw[community.icann.org]<https://community.icann.org/x/9a-DAw%5Bcommunity.icann.org%5D>
2. Any Updates:
No updates from anyone.
3. Discussion,  current DRAFT documentations  readings and review.
a) Data Capture documentation of input materials from SOAC's - As agreed in last week's call, while exploring methodology, we will review and discuss, the
single topic from this track from the data capture exercise, 'Outreach' as an activity that is an aspect of participation, is for todays Agenda... see reference
drafts (PDF and Word) attached to the email from Farzaneh Badii received to list https://mm.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/ws2-so_ac yesterday . Here is the link to google doc : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O8giARUBR2qPNED7c-XbWVSZmtCbqE0HsXb5MPPhG5E/edit?usp=sharing[docs.google.com]<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O8giARUBR2qPNED7c-XbWVSZmtCbqE0HsXb5MPPhG5E/edit?usp=sharing%5Bdocs.google.com%5D>
Steve: we received a very detailed response from ALAC.
Steve walked through the document he produced, and opened discussion on the draft recommendation proposed regarding SO/AC transparency.
Kavouss: 4th bullet - I would suggest that SO/AC meetings be normally open, and closed meetings be an exception, and be so declared, with an explanation.
No objection from group, text will be edited to reflect this change.
Steve walked through the BC's response on outreach.
Mark Carvell  UK GAC rep: GAC has membership of 170 national and territory government. We outreach to the remaining governments through the
biennial High Leel Governmental Meeting when Minsters from GAC and NonGAC member governments are invited. Also individual governments and
IGOs also do outreach to the non-members - e.g. UK has been in contact with Bangladesh administration.
This will be added to GAC's response.
Steve walked through the draft recommendation drafted by Farzaneh, and outlined that these recommendations are less specific than the ones on transparency.
Greg: these should be further developed.
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): I can not speak for ALAC of course but I suspect they and At-Large also would see 'effective' Outreach being strengthened as important
Farzaneh: I agree and will modify the recommendations to be more action oriented.
Mark Carvell  UK GAC rep: Agree - important to make specific recommendations in this exercise to SOs and ACs "to consider adopting as general practice...."
Steve DelBianco: For example, I would restate Recc 5 to be:  Each AC/SO should have a strategy for outreach to parts of their targeted community that
may not be adequately represented at the time.
Kavouss: I agree it should be more textual.
Action (Outreach sub team): reach out to the group through the mailing list to collect additional inputs and further develop the recommendations on the Outreach section.
Kavouss: Participation needs to discussed.
Steve: the topic of participation has not been worked on by this subgroup, we won't be able to cover this topic today.
4. Next Meeting and future Meeting schedule
       ·  09 February @ 05:00 UTC
       ·  16 February @ 13:00 UTC
       ·  02 March @ 05:00 UTC
5. AOB and review of any AI's.
Suggestion for topics for discussion for next week? We also need volunteers to draft recommendations by then.
Steve: I would suggest to discuss participation
Mark Carvell  UK GAC rep: Agreed - diversity of active participation in policy matters and development is  crucial issue.
Cheryl: suggest we limit the discussion to Participation methods and mechanisms.
Tatiana volunteers to work on this topic.

Documents Presented

·         SOACDataCaptureandreccs.pdf<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/64064860/SOACDataCaptureandreccs.pdf?version=2&modificationDate=1486061456000&api=v2>

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/ws2-so_ac/attachments/20170203/e987cc07/attachment-0001.html>

More information about the Ws2-so_ac mailing list