[Ws2-so_ac] Work Stream 2 - SOAC Accountability
sdelbianco at netchoice.org
Tue Feb 7 02:11:43 UTC 2017
Team — I am traveling during this week’s call, so apologies for not being able to join you.
Per last week’s discussion, I made some edits to our Track 1 document (link<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O8giARUBR2qPNED7c-XbWVSZmtCbqE0HsXb5MPPhG5E/edit>)
1. Revised Transparency best practice recommendation #4 (page 4 and below)
4. Meetings and calls of SO/ACs and subgroups should normally be open to public observation. When a meeting is determined to be members-only, that should be explained publicly, giving specific reasons for holding a closed meeting.
2. Added Mark Carvel’s point about GAC outreach to non-member states (page 6)
3. Added actionable text to Farsi’s draft best practice recommendations for Outreach. (page 5, and below)
* Each AC/SO should publish newsletters or other communications that can help eligible non-members to understand the benefits and process of becoming a member.
* Each AC/SO should maintain a publicly- accessible website/wiki pages to advertise their outreach events and opportunities
* Each AC/SO should consider creating a committee to manage outreach programs to attract additional eligible members, particularly from parts of their targeted community that may not be adequately participating.
* Outreach objectives and potential activities should be mentioned in AC/SO bylaws, charter, or procedures
* Each AC/SO should have a strategy for outreach to parts of their targeted community that may not be adequately participating at the time.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ws2-so_ac