[Ws2-so_ac] Agenda for todays WS2-SOAC Accountability call.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr langdonorr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 14:50:27 UTC 2017

*​Please join the Work Stream 2 - SO/AC Accountability Subgroup Meeting #25
on Thursday, 13 July @ 19:00 UTC.*

CALL DETAILS: Link to Adobe Connect: https://participate.icann.org/
mssi-projects  <https://participate.icann.org/mssi-projects>

Mobile: tel://1-712-770-4218*,,2731447485#
Upon logging into Adobe Connect, a pop up window will provide you the
option to Dial Out to your Phone. Enter your Phone Number* (Remember to
change the Country Code if needed).
Preview attachment CCWAccountability-WS2-Plenary-ICANN
After joining the call, as a courtesy to others and the presenters, please
MUTE your phone.
This can be done by selecting *6 on your keypad. To UNMUTE select *6 again.

If you are unable to log into Adobe Connect and can only join via phone:

*​Agenda *

0. Call Admin and Roll Call / Apologies (2min-
​
​
SDB, CLO
​
 )  Apologies Farzaneh Badii

1. Welcome - Opening Remarks - Our Reconvening and purpose (3-5 min-
​​
SDB, CLO)

2. Review (brief) of last meeting
​(F2F) at ICANN #59
 and any Action Items (5-10 min- SDB, CLO) See review notes attached in
previous email from Steve del Bianco

3. Discussion
​and options for any Recommendation text edits or changes
(25
​ -35​
 min SDB, CLO)

   - T1 -  Track 1 and “Best Practices”
   Excerpt from last meeting notes - Some prefer a label other than “best
   practices”.  One alternative is “Good Practices”
   Not much support for having ATRT examine implementation of best
   practices. Found support for assessing best practice implementation in the
   Organizational Reviews.

   Track 1 and SOAC Accountability to the “broader community”
   Not much support for Board’s comment seeking accountability of the
   collective SOACs, when acting as the Empowered Community.
        "EC Decisional Participants should be accountable to the community
   as a whole, not just their respective SO/AC"
   No board or staff took my invitation to provide suggestions for how to
   do this.
   A Co-chair said we need ICANN-wide conversations, not just decisions
   within each SOAC.
   One speaker noted that each AC/SOs will consider broader community when
   they are deciding on escalation of EC powers.
   We should address Board comment with an explanation in our report.
   One speaker suggested Organizational Review also look at
   cross-accountability.

   - T2 -  Track 2 and [Mutual] Accountability Roundtable
   Several said don’t do Accountability Round Table – revert to our
   original draft recommendation.
   Note that SOACs can share best practices in their leadership emails and
   calls.
   Idea to start with the optional Accountability Roundtable, and if it
   works we could make it an annual requirement.

   - T3 - Track 3 IRP;  Discussion of the question posed, if not IRP then
   what (if any) mechanism.

​4​
.  Next Steps. (5 min- CLO, SB)

   - - Public comments and our discussions will be taken on-board by CCWG
      Accountability WS2 to consider amending our recommendations and then
      publish a report on results of the public consultation.
      - CCWG will also need to determine if any changes to our report are
      significant or not.
      - If significant changes are recommended, CCWG-Accountability WS2 may
      have a second public consultation.
      - If changes are not significant, CCWG-Accountability WS2 can forward
      final recommendations to Chartering Organizations for approval,
and then to
      the ICANN Board for consideration and adoption.
      - On Sunday, at the F2F Meeting, nobody suggested we need another
      round of public comments

5.  AOB / Meeting Schedule (5 min- CLO)
Thursday 20th 0500 UTC,   27th 1300 UTC

*Cheryl Langdon-O**rr ...  *(CLO)