[CCWG-ACCT] Notes-Recordings-Transcript links for CCWG ACCT Session #18 31 March

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Sun Apr 5 23:09:09 UTC 2015

Hello Avri

>> On Jurisdiction:

I agree that this is a basic topic that still needs to be covered.  I believe it is about making sure that any of the stakeholders has a chance to argue their case in a jurisdictionally appropriate venue. For States and IGOs, that is not generally the US court system. A solution for this does seem to be a necessary part of any accountability solution.

I think you have stated the problem well here.   It might be an area where the CCWG can get some legal advice on how to ensure the above can be achieved.   Ie it is less about where ICNAN is physically located or incorporated - and more about the ability of affected parties to use courts that are appropriate for them.

Regards
Bruce Tonkin