[CCWG-ACCT] Notes-Recordings-Transcript links for CCWG ACCT Session #18 31 March

Dr Eberhard W Lisse el at lisse.na
Mon Apr 6 13:01:05 UTC 2015

Dear Co-chairs,

this has nothing to do with ICANN accountability.

There is no ccNSO policy nor indeed ICANN policy to remove a ccTLD from the root, nor even one to retire one in case of the ISO code no longer being used. Nobody has ever thought about the USG even contemplating modifying the root unilaterally. If only if it ever did the whole house of cards would collapse.

Sanctions are Sanctions. Whether they work, or whether one agrees with them.

Never mind that one can not "cut an entire nation off of the Internet" one can at best cut the IP links that you know of. As if that would deter anyone seriously determined...

Fortunately one does not have to know any details in order to participate here.

el
--
Sent from Dr Lisse's iPad mini